
The Nissan S-Cargo is a part of Nissan's Pike family of vehicles that were sold new in Japan and predated the current retro-style fad (PT Cruiser, Prowler, HHR, SSR etc). In stock form the S-Cargo looks like a washing machine with cartoon eyes, but it was a
retro styled tribute to the Citroën 2CV Fourgonnette delivery van. Even the
name S-Cargo sounds like Escargot or snail in French. Find this 1989 Nissan S-CargoSeller Paul sent us the following note: You featured my Nissan S-Cargo earlier this year. I still have it, in fact, I am so daft that I have three! I bought them for a business that I didn’t get around to doing. I have decided to sell two of my S-Cargo’s and keep one. I listed my S-Cargo on ebay today, as now it is 25 years old, it can be introduced to the United States.
Behind those ladybug lips (do ladybugs even have lips?) is a 1.5 L E15S 4-cylinder gasoline engine and matching 3-speed automatic transmission donated from a Nissan Sunny. But the engine isn't the reason you buy this S-Cargo...
This is the reason you buy the S-Cargo. It features an enourmous rear hatch that opens to reveal plenty of room for junk, skateboards, lady bug food, whatever you might need to haul around in retro style.
See another car with spots? tips@dailyturismo.com




Aw now, c'mon. What did this poor car do to deserve this treatment? I'm gonna call the SPCA (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Automobiles).....
ReplyDeleteThe paint takes away from the retro body design, which is actually kind of cool. Now it looks like someone modified a mini-truck. Isn't the Figaro about to be 25-yeared-in soon, too?
ReplyDeleteThis was a promotional vehicle for a zoo in Victoria. The wife made me do it! The amount of positive attention you get when driving it is amazing. I agree that it is not to everyone's tastes, and I love cars to be stock, but this is well executed. The interior is great, and it never fails to put a smile on your face. I have a plain white stock, and a yellow one. We're selling two, to keep one. I love the philosophy behind Japanese cars from the sixties through to the mid-90's. I have just got a 1985 1 owner Nissan Kingcab 720 4x2. Runs like it is 3 years old. I am getting suckered into Japanese cars! The grail must be the Toyota 2000GT
ReplyDeleteHello Paulo. Thanks for chiming in. My original comment was, of course, tongue in cheek. I like the S-Cargo too, and I suspect it makes a really useful vehicle. Although I also am in Canada, I am in the astern half, so it would be a long trip to come and see the collection.
DeleteGood luck with the sale.
Hey Bob, thanks for the message. It could be a good journey, I would put you up! What's the classic scene like on your side? My eyes are cashing cheques that I just don't have, saw some lovely classics today. I just love old cars, good and bad, I am a sucker for them. That's why I like this blog, as people pick out the unique stuff. I would like a Land Rover or Land Cruiser for when the dollar collapses.
ReplyDeleteBig profit on the old lady bug car! That was for sale in July for $3,000 CAD from the Bug Zoo here in Victoria. I just checked and that is $2700 USD!!! Maybe I should have bought it and made $7,000!!!
ReplyDeleteYou can ship used household goods and personal items to Canada duty free if you are a resident of Canada and are returning after being away for a year or more. https://www.atlanticway.lt
ReplyDeleteSo luck to come across your excellent blog. Your blog brings me a great deal of fun.. Good luck with the site. https://www.baon.hu/pr/nemzetkozi-fuvarozas-es-szallitmanyozas-kedvezo-aron-az-europa-road-kft-tol-1802200/
ReplyDelete