
The E34 generation M5 was the last of the hand-built BMW M-cars...but I probably didn't need to tell you that if you are remotely an ///M-car fanboy or fangirl. It was also the last BMW M-car to feature an engine that had even the remotest link to a BMW Motorsports racing engine....but I probably didn't need to tell you that anyway...why do I even bother to write this stuff? Find this 1991 BMW M5 E34 offered for $10,500 near Las Vegas, NV. Tip from FuelTruck.I know what you are thinking, another BMW...geez DT, are you guys on the payroll. No, not on the payroll, but I've been on a rear-drive manual-transmission sport sedan kick recently, and well...that naturally leads to BMW and the M cars are just so scrumptious.
The North American E34 M5 left the factory with a 3.6 liter S38B36 inline-6 that puts out 307 horsepower and 266 ft-lbs of torque into a Getrag 280 5-spd manual gearbox. This particular car has its original M-System wheel setup, where an 17x8 black alloy wheel is covered with a bolted on direction wheel cover with fins that were designed to draw cool air into the brake/hub assembly similar to something used on a modern F1 car.
See another E34 for cheap? tips@dailyturismo.com



My love for the early split rear seat on this is only equalled by my fear of a S38 with almost 200k miles.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure that white does this shape any favors with the M systems in place. Still, I'm a little surprised it's still available at this $
ReplyDeleteI just noticed his $95k MSRP listed too.....these were under $60k back in the day....makes me wonder what else he doesn't have a freaking clue about when it comes to this car.
ReplyDelete"Dis is Frankie---you callin bout the Bee-Emm-Double-U? Yeah it's nice---she's got all the buttons. Oh yeah, it's been maintained---was owned by some rich Doctor and some brainiac scientist-guy"