
The BMW Bavaria was the version of the BMW E3 sedan (known internally as the "New Six") that was powered by the big 3.0 liter M30B30 inline-6. Today's example looks like a lot of vintage car for the asking price and comes with new tires and 4-speed manual gearbox. Find this 1972 BMW Bavaria 3.0 offered for $5,500 in Eagle Rock, CA via craigslist.See a better classic BMW for cheap? tips@dailyturismo.com

Unless there's an issue I'm overlooking, this seems to be a really good price for this car. Hard to find these early versions (small bumpers) in this condition. Usually you find a tired '74-'77 for this number. Wish I had garage space.
ReplyDeleteI believe this one is a quick flip from the end of July on Ebay...sold for $3,275.
ReplyDeleteEbay Item # 151758888118
Proceed with this in mind.
velly interesting..............
Delete@BenLurkin.....I was wondering as the brand new 7 digit license plate is a red flag to Cali dwellers. If it had a sunroof I would be on my way despite the obvious flipper third party references ....( have receipts). But no sunroof, no tickee, no shirtee.
ReplyDeleteAn honest question: so what if the seller is a flipper? The car speaks for itself, right? Go, inspect, look over any receipts, drive it, etc., and, if the car meets your expectations for a '72 E3, then you make an offer. It's a transaction like any other, no?
ReplyDeleteTrue. No harm with someone buying it right and turning a profit. But equally so, I have seen cars purchased, then the new owner find out the car has issues, and then they're back on the block. I think folks that know/want a Bavaria would pay for a PPI prior to purchase anyway. I know I certainly would. One of the first questions I generally ask is how long have you owned the car? If they say a month, then the next obvious question is why are you selling it now?
ReplyDeleteI didn't say buyer beware, simply know as much about the car before proceeding.