It is Wednesday so that means it's time for another edition of Daily Turismo's game of spin the distributor-- also known as Mid Week Match-Up! Fill a garage with as many cars as you'd like, but spend no more than $15k.![]() | ||
| image from Herbus Maximus on flickr via creative commons. |
My garage would be filled with
Daily schlepper: 2008 Ford Crown Vic P71 Interceptor for $3000 here on eBay
Cheap carver: 1991 Mazda MX-5 for $3000 here on eBay
Classic for wrenching: 1965 Ford Mustang $5000 here on craigslist.
Aging pile of electrical gremlins: 1996 Saab 9000 Turbo for $3000 here on Saabnet.
What about you? What would you pick? Quality over quantity?

Good topic. So good it'd take me longer to come up with my proposal than I have right this AM. Back later...
ReplyDeleteUnder the budget cap, I have two vehicles that I'd keep in the stable.
ReplyDelete1987 BMW 535is that I bought for $3700
1997 BMW R1100R that I bought for $3500
To round that out I'd probably add
-1992 Honda Accord (greatest accord ever) to daily drive for $3k or less
--Late 90's/Early 90's Bronco for $5k-ish for a tow vehicle
oops, meant late 80's/early 90's. derp.
DeleteTough decision. I'd have to pick one of these (yes, just one).
ReplyDelete1966 Jaguar Mark X
[img]http://i.imgur.com/2W4Byxd.jpg?1[/img]
2000 Porsche 911 Carrera
[img]http://i.imgur.com/mdirv2b.jpg?1[/img]
1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo
[img]http://i.imgur.com/IvnwvOb.jpg?1[/img]
El Jefe, how do I add the DT identifier to the eBay links?
K2 -- use the following link
Deletehttp://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575067313&toolid=10001&campid=5337416840&customid=&icep_item=252019561214&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg
But change the item number "252019561214" in this case to the desired item number of the MR2 is "331596743652" as can be seen in the URL. Leave everything else the same.
It would look like this.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575067313&toolid=10001&campid=5337416840&customid=&icep_item=331596743652&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg
or in URL form here.
Great, thanks! If it leads to a few ducets thrown DT's way, it's worth the effort. Reformatted the links;
Delete1966 Jaguar Mark X
2000 Porsche 911 Carrera
1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo
You know a handy little page with reminders on what markup text to use to add images and urls to posts would be nifty. I don't post often enough to just remember these even though they are pretty simple. You could also easily add a little script that spits out DT identified ebay link when just providing the item number.
DeleteTanj! -- scroll down for commandments III, IV and VI. I should add a scripty thing...good idea.
Delete|
|
|
|
V
Good suggestion.
DeleteOn the URL converter, that is.
DeleteFord Festiva, for no more than a grand.
ReplyDeleteBMW S1000RR engine and the parts/fabrication to put it in the Ford: Whatever that costs.
In addition to what is in the garage now or starting from scratch?
ReplyDeleteStarting from scratch.
Delete'78 Alfa Romeo Alfetta - $3,750 - since I can't afford a 105/115 car with a roof, I will move to a 116 series.
Delete'91 Mazda Miata - $3,100 - Miata is always the answer and I want a 1.6 NA vs. a 1.8.
'90 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon - $2,100 - RWD family hauler
'99 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 - $4,000 - 4x4 MC hauler
'76 Yamaha YZ125 MX bike $1,995 - something for the Tacoma to haul around
Ideally it'd be some combination of that '63 Country Sedan, a V8 E39 BMW, something smaller somewhere between a Mk1 Cortina/510/E30 BMW/S2000 Honda, and an older Tahoe or Suburban.
ReplyDeleteMaking all that fit in the budget as defined will be a problem.
Miata for DD and 944 for weekend fun, or is it the reverse? :). I have both in my garage after spending that much
ReplyDeleteHere's my humble garage.
ReplyDelete1st gen 4 Runner for snow and convertibility.
ReplyDelete1st gen Odyssey for kids and road trips.
Advance Design Chevy pickup for dump and lumberyard.