
In the case of the Olds 442's after 1972, this historic numerical acronym usually stood for 4 empty Icehouse cans, 4 lottery tickets, and 2 mini-spares. The Quad442, however, started to inject some much-needed credibility back into the iconic moniker. Find this 1991 Oldsmobile Quad442 for sale in place, CA for $2,800 via craigslist. This car was offered for $3,800 in Las Vegas almost a year ago. The H.O. version of the Quad 4 was good for 180hp in the W-40 option package cars and 190hp in the W-41. Both are very respectable specific outputs for a naturally aspirated American engine from the early 90's, especially when only five years prior the top-of-the-line 307 made less power with more than twice the displacement. Electronic controls truly brought about a quantum leap in engine performance during this time period.
Matt, a self-proclaimed bottom-feeder of the classic car market, spends half of his time buying cars, half of his time retrieving them, and the remaining third on keeping them on the road.



Strange, I am equally intrigued as I am repulsed by this car.
ReplyDeleteYou're not alone in that feeling.
DeleteI'd rather have the dog.
ReplyDelete(The actual dog, not the white dog with 4 wheels.)
I have it easy. Just feeling repulsion.
ReplyDeletewell, that is a good looking dog
ReplyDelete"This car was offered for $3,800 in Las Vegas almost a year ago. "
ReplyDeleteYeah, I thought we'd seen it before.
My brother had a Buick like this in the mid-80's, with a digital dash, if I'm not mistaken. By "like this" I mean same body, but probably an iron duke under the hood. With the Quad 4 this may be fun, I don't know. GM made a big deal out of them when introduced but they didn't seem to stick around for long.