Inexplicably, my preoccupation with Italian autos continues. Maybe it was too many episodes of Magnum PI as a kid, or maybe I just want to test my tinkering abilities...and patience! An intriguing dilemma indeed, but one I suspect I will need to eventually fulfill. Is a Fiat the way to go? Find this 1978 Fiat X1/9 for sale in North Berwick, ME for $3,500 via craigslist.
The seller claims original ownership with 1 repaint and an interior refurbish over it's 38 year existence. The white interior is genuinely bold over maroon but certainly adds to the uniqueness. What else would we expect from an Italian sports car of the era?
Speaking of bold...check out those US DOT spec "ladder style" impact absorbing bumpers! I gotta think most of these have long since been removed/scrapped and replaced with later style slim designs. While not the best idea Fiat had, they do help support the owners originality claim. Most X1/9s were heavily used and the majority are now on life support. Seems to me this is an honestly presented driver quality example. It's no Alfa, but maybe a good place to start? Che ne dici di questo?
When not receiving complaints of "distracted by cars...again" from his wife, Glenn can be found in the kitchen whipping up exotic cuisine and nourishing nosh.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Commenting Commandments:
I. Thou Shalt Not write anything your mother would not appreciate reading.
II. Thou Shalt Not post as anonymous unless you are posting from mobile and have technical issues. Use name/url when posting and pick something Urazmus B Jokin, Ben Dover. Sir Edmund Hillary Clint Eastwood...it don't matter. Just pick a nom de plume and stick with it.
III. Honor thy own links by using <a href ="http://www.linkgoeshere"> description of your link </a>
IV. Remember the formatting tricks <i>italics</i> and <b> bold </b>
V. Thou Shalt Not commit spam.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.