What can be a better cure for the Monday morning blues than a spirited game of What Am I? Comments below.
Commenting Commandments:
I. Thou Shalt Not write anything your mother would not appreciate reading.
II. Thou Shalt Not post as anonymous unless you are posting from mobile and have technical issues. Use name/url when posting and pick something Urazmus B Jokin, Ben Dover. Sir Edmund Hillary Clint Eastwood...it don't matter. Just pick a nom de plume and stick with it.
III. Honor thy own links by using <a href ="http://www.linkgoeshere"> description of your link </a>
IV. Remember the formatting tricks <i>italics</i> and <b> bold </b>
V. Thou Shalt Not commit spam.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.
winging a guess... 50s vintage Italian sedan - Alfa or Fiat maybe
ReplyDeleteWell, it's not a Premier Padmini, Hindustan Ambassador, Fiat 1100, or Alfa Giulietta berlina, at least not one I can find pics for online. Hmph.
ReplyDeleteMy first taxi thought was Hindustan Ambassador, but I don't think that's it.
ReplyDelete100 E escort or Squire.
ReplyDeleteGreat job Gazzer, this is indeed a 1961 Ford Escort wagon found here on eBay.
Deletedefinitely seems English
ReplyDeleteEnglish Ford 300E Thames Van?
Delete1961 English Ford Escort Wagon on eBay
Deletelight seems to be shared with other English Fords
Give this one to Gazzer
DeleteCan anyone here give a brief history/background of English Fords sold outside of the UK? I occasionally see Escorts, Anglias, and Cortinas for sale in the US, but I'm nearly certain these were never officially imported to the US. Were they imported to Canada and eventually trickled down through the border or were they coming directly from the European market? Almost all of the ones I see in the US are LHD, so that's why I suspect Canadian origin vs. UK. Any info tidbits would be appreciated.
ReplyDeleteThere's an interesting heap of Anglias and other English cars in the coastal hills of Northern California that have surfaced recently. Seem to all be from the same seller/estate. Take a look at these:
3 Anglias that haven't moved in years
A strange mix of interesting cars left to rot in horrendous conditions
While we're at it, take a look at this little number:
Anglia gasser
This has been up for sale for a long time and I cannot figure out why. I've been tempted ever since it was posted. Price seems to be less than the sum of its parts.
enfostuff.com might be of interest to you.
DeleteIn the 1950s, when imported cars gained popularity in the US and Canada, various Consuls, Anglias, Prefects, Zephyrs, and Zodiacs were sold until the late 1950s. Also, Cortinas sold relatively well from their introduction all the way until 1970, when they were pulled from the US market. The Canadian market got them until 1973.
Yeah, Anglias and Cortinas in particular were readily (well, fairly readily) available straight from the local Ford dealer in the '50s and '60s. And of course there were the Mk1 and Mk2 Capri at the Mercury store up through '77.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteA Deek? as in "DKW Junior Deluxe"...
ReplyDelete