
This next car comes as a tip from Matt C who writes: Here's an interesting find - a platform mate to the final generation of Lancer Evolution! But while they shared the same GEMA engine block and some of their underpinnings. the Caliber SRT-4 wasn't a precision all wheel drive rally weapon - more like a Dodge Omni GLH whose punishment for a lifetime of bad karma was to be reincarnated as a cheap front wheel drive crossover SUV. Except it failed to realize it was being punished. Find this 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 offered for $5900 in Atlanta, GA via craigslist. Whoa, is that a cannon in the background?From the seller:
2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4
condition: excellent
cylinders: 4 cylinders
drive: fwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 125
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type: hatchback
2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 Manual, clean Carfax, low miles
Clean Car! no accidents clean smell
Clean carfax
With 125k miles, drive smooth !
Front tires and brakes are 90% left
Very well maintain
Everything works.
Black and and black interior
Manual transmission
Clean title on hand
Car never been abused.
I am Private seller, possible traders.
$5900
See a better way to drive something with the SRT badge? tips@dailyturismo.com




I'm going to say NO. I don't think I could fool myself into thinking I'm in a Macan competitor or even a GTI equivalent. Just too much clunking stuff together to try to be interesting. I'll admit I never heard of these and looked it up, Car & D wasn't impressed. For the same age and cost or cheaper something like this gets my attention more, factory hotrod ish Tho grudgingly, keeping with the site mantra of daily driver, I would choose this over a lot of other crap....but thats not saying much.
ReplyDelete285 hp in a sharp looking, mid-size SUV with a stick is a sweet ride. Assuming it drives as clean as it looks this looks like a cool ride. Only about 5500 were made over two years so you won't see many out there, which is kinda cool....
ReplyDeleteRare equals desirable, I’m told.
DeleteI missed that there was a cannon in the background, but it seems like a very appropriate choice if you are taking pictures of your Caliber, no?
ReplyDeleteWhile I was tempted to buy this one myself, I'm a bit leery of any potential daily driver sporting an Auto Meter boost gauge. Even if it left the factory that way.