The C4 generation Corvette is the unloved sibling in the Vette family, the red-headed step child that was born in the Malaise era and surprisingly transformed into a sophisticated and remarkably fast car by the end of its production run. But today's example is something else...something so utterly blasphemous to the Corvette faithful that I have to admit I'm drawing like a moth to a nuclear reactor core. But...I dunno, the styling isn't for everybody, but it certainly is priced reasonably. Find this 1984 Chevrolet Corvette Custom offered for $4250 in Valencia, CA via craigslist. Tip from Rock On!From the seller:
1984 chevrolet corvette
condition: good
cylinders: 8 cylinders
fuel: gas
odometer: 130124
paint color: black
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
Custom C4 Corvette with a new performance BF Goodrich tires installed last week. This vette fires right up and sounds great! A lot of extras. Read more about the unique Testarossa body kit. Fun car!
https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/classic-cars/a21932478/this-testarossa-bodied-c4-corvette-brillante-vendetta/
See a better way to drive a custom vette? tips@dailyturismo.com





Why am I not surprised that the owner of such a car misspelled Testarossa in the title of the CL ad?
ReplyDeleteIt's an '84 model with the 'Misfire Injection' to boot. Yikes! You know, simply taking off all those chrome strips/accents and those cheezy Pep Boys emblems would go a long way on this thing. I still wouldn't own it, but dang......
ReplyDeleteCorvette based kit car for a Bradley GT price. Maybe if you only drove it around at night so nobody would see you!
ReplyDeleteKnowing zero about Corvettes, is the engine cover painted red so that some part of the testa is rossa or is that C4-standard? Agree, the chrome is a horror. OK wheels, though. Front needs to be more square, maybe.
ReplyDeleteNeeds more cladding fins, I feel like it's got running room there.
ReplyDeletePity they kept the front clip. The Testy Rosavette link has a more Italian nose.
ReplyDelete-Stan (...yeah...*that* Stan...)
Jesus.
ReplyDeleteTo me it looks more Trany like .. needs a Super Chicken hood decal & Members jacket
ReplyDeleteThe main selling point on this is making a big splash at Radwood, but on that measure alone the ROI is actually pretty favorable.
ReplyDelete