
Leave it to Saab to find a way to describe something as universal as an all-wheel-drive system as something other than AWD or 4WD...yup...the Trolls from Trollhattan put an XWD sticker on the back of the 9-5. Find this 2010 Saab 9-5 Turbo6 XWD offered for $7,500 near Fairfield, NY via craigslist. From Cory.From the seller:
CD Player
Heated Seats
Keyless Entry
Leather Seats
Multi-zone Climate Control
Portable Audio Connection
Power Locks
Power Windows
Premium Audio
Premium Wheels
Security System
Steering Wheel Controls
4-Wheel ABS
6-Speed A/T
A/C
AM/FM Stereo
Adjustable Steering Wheel
All Wheel Drive
See a better way to start your Saab story? tips@dailyturismo.com


They really are great looking. SAAB was heading in a very stylish direction before they bellied up.
ReplyDeleteIIRC these were not "real" Saabs, correct? More like Opels with a Swedish accent?
ReplyDeleteActually, I just educated myself here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saab_9-5 and learned that Saab died under Spyker ownership. I thought GM killed it. Well waddayaknow?!
GM inflicted the fatal blow - Spyker was the trauma surgeon trying to keep the patient alive.
DeleteI daily drive an NG900 (1994 with the naturally aspirated V6!) and even though some of the parts say GM and it shares a platform with Opel/Vauxhall/Saturn, it still checks the SAAB boxes for me:
DeleteFront wheel drive with good handling
Ridiculously front heavy weight distribution
Fun to drive in the snow
Practical hatchback
Looks like a spaceship
"Quirks"
Expensive to own
My wife hates it.
I'm not sure what else I would want in a SAAB!
I bought my two nephews GM stock for their baptismal, pre Chapter 11. Thought it was a slow and safe investment.
ReplyDeleteSo I basically bought them two pieces of worthless paper. I am still a little chapped about that.
I feel your pain. As a former employee of a once-dominant telecom firm, ask me about shares, stock option, pensions, severance (shall I go on?). I would have done SO much better to have filled a garage with cars that were semi-classics at the time.....
Deletelol sorry it turned out that way. but lol
ReplyDelete