DT reader John H sent in the suggestion for today's What Am I? -- a picture of a customized war machine straight from the mean streets of Mosul. Your assignment: figure out what make/model of vehicle lives under the skin.| Image by Mstyslav Chernov/AP hosted on NPR.org |
F150-ish wheels? A'la this - but https://detroitwheelandtire.com/hol-3784-msm-a.html - but the angle between the spokes is off.
ReplyDeleteThose wheels look like they're from a Scion TC almost. The original resolution of that photo indicates Bridgestone tires which would seem like a higher-end (for Iraq) car might be under there.
ReplyDeleteThat roofline curve/slope for whatever reason says CRV or some kind of Mitsu CUV or maaaaaybe an L200.
When I was there they used the Chinese knockoff vehicles and other, less reliable vehicles (like captured HMMWVs) as their VBIEDs.
So. A truck that can only go in a straight line?
ReplyDeleteHow does it turn?
Sure makes it easy for target practice, when it only goes straight like that...
-Stan (who loves to transform cars...but, well, never thought of this...)
...although, when you can only see straight ahead, I guess turning is overrated...
DeleteRamming speed!
DeleteKids first attempt at a Zombie Apocalypse creation using mom's Town 'n Country.
ReplyDeleteAny consensus on make/model here? I'm just as lost as everybody.
ReplyDeleteCrap, Vince. I do a google image search and ISIL comes up across the board.
ReplyDeleteI don't mind be Rick Rolled. But getting on the FBI's watch list for ISIL is not cool.
-Stan (who got suckered in)
1951 Ford sedan.
ReplyDelete