Tuesday, May 28, 2013

15k: Sidekick To The Face: 1994 Geo Tracker w/ 512hp Turbo S2000 Engine

The last Geo Tracker (Suzuki Sidekick) we featured was a Ford V8 powered but stock looking beast, but today's Tracker puts that one to shame with an insane 512 horsepower turbocharged F20C swap from a Honda S2000.  This 1994 Geo Tracker is for sale in Earlysville, VA currently with zero bids on ebay at $14,000 minimum and a few hours to go.  Probably best to wait for this one to come back around again on ebay with a lower starting bid and reserve, but the idea of a 512 horsepower Geo Tracker has us intrigued.





See a better monster tracker? email us here: tips@dailyturismo.com

2 comments:

  1. No. Why?

    As a driver who came of age in the 80s (well, learned to drive in the 80s, still waiting to come of age) -- I HATED the Geo Tracker and Suzuki Sidekick. It was the right car for a girl with parents who had no passion for automobiles.

    Okay, I have developed the tiniest bit of respect for them now, and certainly have seen some off-road builds which capitalized on the surprising capabilities of this diminutive chassis, builds which I wouldn't mind driving myself -- off road, where no one can see me.

    There is one thing about this Tracker that is really cool though -- the "insane 512 horsepower turbocharged F20C swap from a Honda S2000." I just spent several minutes looking for the right adjective, and then read DTs own description again, and realized that "insane" is really the word that fits. And "awesome" I suppose, that fits too.

    I would love to own this insane 512 horsepower turbocharged F20C. But housed in its native environment, a Honda S2000. Or maybe even installed in a curiously weird little sleeper, like a Lada.

    But no. Not a Geo Tracker. Not a lowered 9 second street Geo Tracker.

    I know, I know -- I'm an idiot. There is, as they say, "an a** for every seat." I'm sure there are plenty for this seat. And many of them will read my comments, and laugh, and say "yeah buddy, there's an a** in the room alright, and if you don't know who it is, well . . ."

    I gotta respect the work and talent that went into this build. I just wish they had built something else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. considering that's in the middle of Virginia horse country, i'm guessing the only other option was his mom's range rover

      Delete

Commenting Commandments:
I. Thou Shalt Not write anything your mother would not appreciate reading.
II. Thou Shalt Not post as anonymous unless you are posting from mobile and have technical issues. Use name/url when posting and pick something Urazmus B Jokin, Ben Dover. Sir Edmund Hillary Clint Eastwood...it don't matter. Just pick a nom de plume and stick with it.
III. Honor thy own links by using <a href ="http://www.linkgoeshere"> description of your link </a>
IV. Remember the formatting tricks <i>italics</i> and <b> bold </b>
V. Thou Shalt Not commit spam.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.