Thursday, July 2, 2020

No Fire Yet...Lots of Smoke


I hate to be a complainer, but this migration to Wordpress was far more complicated than I expected...but with a big help from Hugh (regular DT tipper and commenter) I was able to install Wordpress on a server twice (the first installation had to get nuked from orbit after a plugin went bad...it was the only way to be safe) and use a nifty blogger to Wordpress conversion tool, which is a pure brute force method and has about as much subtly as a winged midget racer.  This conversion tool is currently importing the almost 10,000 stories and 50,000 comments into the new environment..one piece at a time. Once that is done, we can get to the business of implementing the new look/feel and commenting system.


In automotive terms..we're basically down to the block.  The head work has been done, we've rolled in new bearings, checked the crank for damage and we just need to start reassembling the pile of parts on the floor. Some new, some old.  It won't be long now...

2 comments:

  1. “I love the smell of plastigauge in the morning”

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I got it one piece at a time
    And it didn't cost me a dime
    You'll know it's me when I roll through your town"

    ReplyDelete

Commenting Commandments:
I. Thou Shalt Not write anything your mother would not appreciate reading.
II. Thou Shalt Not post as anonymous unless you are posting from mobile and have technical issues. Use name/url when posting and pick something Urazmus B Jokin, Ben Dover. Sir Edmund Hillary Clint Eastwood...it don't matter. Just pick a nom de plume and stick with it.
III. Honor thy own links by using <a href ="http://www.linkgoeshere"> description of your link </a>
IV. Remember the formatting tricks <i>italics</i> and <b> bold </b>
V. Thou Shalt Not commit spam.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.