
Are you a fan of the utility of El Camino style 4-door car-based pickup trucks? What about 5-speed equipped, turbo, all-wheel-drive versions? Down under they call them utes, but up here in right-side-up world we call them uticorns because they are all but non-existent -- and if it wasn't for a little Japanese company called Subaru, we wouldn't have them at all. Find this 2005 Subaru Baja Turbo offered for $9,500 in Pittsburgh, PA via craigslist. Tip from Jeff.From the seller:
2005 Subaru Baja
condition: good
cylinders: 4 cylinders
drive: 4wd
fuel: gas
odometer: 197000
paint color: silver
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type: truck
Selling my 2005 Baja. 197k miles. Most major maintenance work has been done in the past 12,000 miles. Make offers, only trades I am interested in is towards a chrome bumper C3 or C5 Corvette, manual only. Comes with almost all original parts. No rust, fresh 5/20 inspection and emissions. More details available. Located just south of Pittsburgh Pa. Price is OBO Clean title in hand.
See a better way to drive a El Bajaino? tips@dailyturismo.com


Ugly but so useful. Check where it was assembled. NonJapan assembly means head gasket issues.
ReplyDeleteAt 197K miles, any original issues would have been taken care of...
Deletebaja (bah-hah)
ReplyDeletea. drop
d.short (bed)
c.low
When I was I kid on our farm when grandfather got a new car the old car would have its trunk lid removed, so as to facilitate carrying shovels, hay bales, and tools. I remember a 55 Buick Roadmaster, 57 Chevy, and then a Mercedes Benz 190 diesel that lasted for 20 years of off road use.
ReplyDeleteAlways thought that the car companies were missing out on a market niche.
Of course my grandfather once got a cow on a San Francisco cable car, so it’s entirely possible that his automotive tastes were less mainstream than I imagined.