
I'll be that guy who raises his hand and admits he knows nothing about this next model. I'm really not a Land Rover guy, so I don't know if this next model is rare or desireable or a piece of crap, but I will tell ya that whenever I see one I think "ooohhh, I want that" which means it has something. But you get to tell me what is special (or not!) about this car. Find this 1976 Land Rover Series 3 offered for $18000 in Seattle, WA via craigslist. Tip from FuelTruck.From the seller;
This Land Rover is in incredible condition. Definitely a collector candidate.
**Passed Provincial Inspection in British Columbia**Currently registered with clean Title**
**Would be an easy import into Washington State**
- 100,900 km (just rolled past 99,999)
- original paint/ patina (only surface rust in 2 locations, under pedals and in front of the radiator)
- rare stainless trim package (see photos)
- Frame is in impeccable condition main rails and outriggers front thru back (see pics)
- Very well maintained
- 2.25L Landrover Diesel
- 4spd manual
- Original Left-hand drive
- power steering pump added as an upgrade
- New tires, battery, and brakes (shoes, drums, and wheel cylinders)
- New drive shafts front and rear
- Fresh fuel filters
- Full-size spare (new rubber same as running 4)
- Front seats re-upholstered
- 4 rear jump seats
- Safari top
- Safari windows
- original roof rack w/ ladder
- Assembled in Costa Rica by Land Rover Authorized assembly plant
- Defender side mirrors on currently, but have original style as well
- Comes with an extra set of rims defender 17"x7"
***Passed BC Provincial inspection and Currently insured, clean title (All documents in Spanish accompanied by certified translations)
***Many more pictures available upon request
See another car that deserves some respect? tips@dailyturismo.com



I don't know about $18k worth of "ooohhh, I want that", but ooohhh, I want that. Rental company has me driving a new Wrangler Unlimited for the week, so far it's been a fun ride.
ReplyDeleteWhat’s slower than a 1969 diesel Mercedes?
ReplyDeleteThis
LOL, indeed. They've always been sharp lookin' rides, but the earlier ones were dogs. My ex had a 2000 Disco with the 4.0 V8 that put out 185hp and 245 torque... in a 4,600 lb. vehicle. :o On a similar note, I happen to come across this. Gotta love the comments section...
DeleteEvery time I see these, the Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom theme song runs thru my head... Yeah cool toy, but generally not a practical toy in my neck of the woods. But on the other hand, toys really aren't practical are they?
ReplyDeleteI was thinking more of "So, how is the Antichrist?" or "I don't want to talk about it."
Delete