
Dreary commutes in mundane vehicles got you down? Tired of coal rollers filling your disrespected Civic with particulate? Don't mind spending endless time explaining that your SUV isn't named after an immortalized Hollywood prize fighter? Find this 1991 Daihatsu Rocky SE for sale in Columbia, SC for $6,500 via craigslist.
Interiors were similar to the Suzuki Samurai's of the day, nothing special but typical for a compact SUV. Considering the mileage listed, this example looks downright pampered. I suspect any off-road duties encountered were limited to golf greens and and sandy beaches, if any at all.
If you enjoy roaming off the beaten path and are looking for a unique way to do it, this could be the ticket. Maybe you just want an obscure compact SUV for beach cruising. Either way, Rocky's are hard to find and average condition lies somewhere between beater & scrap metal. Whatever you do with it, you would certainly get a lot of curious onlookers trying to figure out "what exactly is it?"
When not receiving complaints of "distracted by cars...again" from his wife, Glenn can be found in the kitchen whipping up exotic cuisine and nourishing nosh.




For some reason these things used to appeal to me. I've moved on though. Now I like looking at Lada Nivas for some reason. I guess the Rocky was just too common.
ReplyDeleteIs the rocky still for sale? I'm looking for one.
ReplyDeleteHi! We have one and we are the original owners! The car has been lovingly cared for by a tech engineer and is located in California.
DeleteStill have it?
DeleteIs this rocky still for sale?
ReplyDelete