It is Monday morning, time for our weekly game of spin the spinner on the donk -- also known as What Am I? Today, we've got a picture of an engine -- guess the car.What am I? Comments below.
It is Monday morning, time for our weekly game of spin the spinner on the donk -- also known as What Am I? Today, we've got a picture of an engine -- guess the car.
Commenting Commandments:
I. Thou Shalt Not write anything your mother would not appreciate reading.
II. Thou Shalt Not post as anonymous unless you are posting from mobile and have technical issues. Use name/url when posting and pick something Urazmus B Jokin, Ben Dover. Sir Edmund Hillary Clint Eastwood...it don't matter. Just pick a nom de plume and stick with it.
III. Honor thy own links by using <a href ="http://www.linkgoeshere"> description of your link </a>
IV. Remember the formatting tricks <i>italics</i> and <b> bold </b>
V. Thou Shalt Not commit spam.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.
It's a little SOHC L-4 fore-aft probably in the front of a vehicle, but it's possible someone put the radiator at the very rear I guess. Given that the exhaust goes off to the top, probably not.
ReplyDeleteFiat 850 spyder
ReplyDeleteI thought the Spider had the radiator and header tank off in the left fender.
DeleteIt's been a long time time since I last laid eyes on one. I took a shot.
DeleteCortina?
ReplyDeleteThere's much un-Cortina about this engine compartment, but...the only pre-Thatcher Cortina that ever had a cast cam cover was the DOHC Lotus motor, even the Pinto 2-liter had a stamped cam cover.
DeleteUnderpowered!!
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking (guessing) it's a Moretti head on a Fiat engine.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
Deletecena di pollo
Delete[img]http://i.imgur.com/YY2eCvK.jpg?1[/img]
So something Italian, then?
DeleteNeeds a better respray job.
By the way, if you want to see the greatest oddball collection of purchasable crap imaginable, look at this guy's ebay pages:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/rubirossa/m.html?ssPageName=&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2654
Hey Mr Anonymous -- you are indeed correct. If you want us to know you better, just use the reply as drop down and pick a name. Any name will do. Moretti would be good. Or Tour du Monde. That has a nice ring to it!
Delete-Vince
This comment has been removed by the author.
Delete1957 Moretti Tour du Monde !
ReplyDeleteGee it's only $200
hits refresh, and its up to 3750
DeleteHit refresh again and it's sold to a guy with an LS3 at home.
Deletecena di pollo kaibeezy
ReplyDeleteKFC
ReplyDelete(as in Kaibeezy Fried Chicken)
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete