The 2nd generation Chevrolet G-series Sportvan was a cab forward compact van that replaced the rear-engined Chevrolet Corvair Greenbrier in the small van segment. The engine was located foward and under the driver and it allowed for a lower load floor in the back and the use of Chevy's watercooled inline-6 and V8 engines - a much needed improvement in speed and hauling capacity over the aircooled flat-6 in the Greenbrier. Find this 1969 Chevrolet G10G10 Sportvans are available in all shapes and condition, but most tend toward the used/abused spectrum, probably because even in nice condition they aren't worth much. This is a good thing for someone in the market for a restored G10, but not what a restorer or current owner wants to hear. They do offer an affordable van option that is frankly better in 99% of the ways you'd ever use it when compared to a VW Type 2 bus or Vanagon. The G10 is powered by a Chevy 350 cubic inch (5.7 liter) V8 that should make something in excess of 300 horsepower and could melt the skinny rear tires in any gear.
See a better bang for you vanbucks? tips@dailyturismo.com



Well.this seller did it correctly. Right down to the metal. Good for him.
ReplyDeleteI really dig his approach and attitude. I would buy from him if I was in the market. I need a tow rig but this is just a bit too spendy to drag the 928 estate across the country with...
ReplyDeleteBuried in his description, his reserve is 9500.00. That ain't bad for this example. The only thing I would add is a period-correct "dealer install" A/C unit, and leave the rest alone.
ReplyDeleteSweet looking Chevy Sportvan. This has always been my favourite generation for the Chevy Van. It has the best looking front end styling. The only thing I'd have done to it is to upgrade the braking, give it front disc brakes.
ReplyDelete